The Children’s Ministry Course is designed for interns who are interested in Children’s Ministry in any of the age groups: Infant & Toddler (Little Church), Preschool (Kinder Church), or elementary (ignite). Interns will gain the knowledge, tools, and techniques to become a successful Children’s Minister. In addition to inspiring and practical teaching, Children’s Ministry interns will engage in a variety of “behind the scenes” activities, training, and events that will help them apply the principles taught in the classroom.
Upon successful completion of this course, Interns will:
- Develop a richer and more comprehensive understanding of Children’s ministry.
- Be able to lead high-performing ministry teams through collaboration and teamwork.
- Properly apply Biblical truths in language and teaching styles that children will be able to understand and apply.
- Develop good public speaking skills.
- Identify and describe different learning and teaching styles and strengths.
- Develop sound Biblical curriculum that is age appropriate, exciting, and engaging for all ages of children.
- Define key Ministry principles and integrate them into different areas of ministry.
- Utilize your various gifts to help others be effective in ministry.
- Understand various leadership concepts and how they apply to ministry as a whole and Children’s Ministry in particular.
- How to work as part of an effective Church/Ministry Team.
- How to effectively serve the Senior Pastor to carry out their vision for the local church.